Irish Cancer Society Clinician Researcher Award 2017
Call for expression of interest
In a commitment to develop, support and evolve translational cancer research in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society wishes to invite eligible candidates to submit an expression of interest for the Clinician Researcher Award 2017.
This is intended to be a transformative investment in an individual who demonstrates great promise in driving and leading innovative new Irish cancer research. This individual would therefore be expected to currently have a strong record of research activity in their field and demonstrable record of collaborative research success.
The absence of protected time for undertaking research is recognised as a significant impediment to the sustained evolution of high quality Irish cancer research.
The purpose of this award is to fund protected research time for a consultant working in an oncology-related specialist field; allowing the successful applicant to be released from two days of clinical commitments per week over a period of 2 years and focus purely on developing and growing an important aspect of Irish cancer research.
It is anticipated that this award will be made and commence by the end of 2017.
Expression of interest closing date: 3pm Thursday, 27 July 2017
- Currently be resident and hold a consultant* appointment in the Republic of Ireland.
- Have a minimum of 5 first or senior authorships in cancer-related, peer-reviewed publications.
- Be a member of Cancer Trials Ireland.
- Demonstrate a clear level of support from their host institution
- Have an established track record in cancer research exemplified by, for example, clinical trials, research supervision, national/international research partnerships etc.
* Candidates holding a Senior Clinical Psychologist appointment in the area of psycho-oncology will also be considered.
Eligible oncology-specialist fields include:
- Molecular medicine/Pathology
- Palliative Medicine
- Medical oncology
The expression of interest will be accepted only through the Irish Cancer Society Grant tracker web portal. Expression of interest closing date: 3pm Thursday, 27 July 2017.
Expressions of interest will be collated and quality checked. Those strategically meeting the aims of the call will progress to the next stage where a more detailed description of research plans and budget will be required.
Please see the Guidelines for the most up-to-date information on the Irish Cancer Society Clinician Researcher Award 2017- Expression of Interest. Please note that the Eligibility Criteria have been updated (27.06.17).
For any queries please contact email@example.com or call 01 2316 663 or 01 2310 583.