Volunteer at an Irish Cancer Society charity shop
I love getting out into the community and meeting people. Volunteering gives me a nice routine as I’m retired now
About our shops
The Irish Cancer Society runs 23 charity shops nationwide. Our shops are very much a part of the local community. Selling donated stock is a consistent way to raise much needed funds to enable the Irish Cancer Society to carry out our vital work. Our shops stock clothes, shoes, books, bric-a-brac, giftware, collectables and household items at prices to suit everyone's pocket. The shops are mainly staffed by Shop Volunteers, who dedicate a morning or afternoon each week to support the shop staff.
Please click the links below to find contact information and opening hours for each of our shops:
- Clare - Ennis
- Cork - Castle St.
Cork - Prince's St.
Cork - Mallow
- Dublin - Camden St.
Dublin - Capel St.
Dublin - Dun Laoghaire
Dublin - Kimmage
Dublin - Rathmines
Dublin - Phibsborough
Dublin - Swords
Dublin - Tallaght
- Kerry - Tralee
- Louth - Drogheda
- Mayo - Castlebar
- Tipperary - Clonmel
- Wicklow - Bray
What's involved in volunteering in an Irish Cancer Society shop?
You will be working on the shop floor and interacting with the customers visiting the shop. You represent the Irish Cancer Society in a positive and professional way while assisting and answering questions from our customers. Volunteers make sure the shop and merchandise look neat and tidy. You will also be working in the back rooms of the premises to prepare the goods for display in the store.
What are the requirements to be a shop volunteer?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable level of conversational English
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Have a friendly and courteous manner
- Regularly available for one morning or afternoon each week throughout the year
All volunteers will receive full the job training to make you familiar with all aspects of the role.
Next Steps and Apply now
There are 3 ways you can apply to volunteer in one of our shops:
- Call Dane on 01 9683704
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact the shop manager in your preferred shop directly
You will be put in touch with the shop manager who will contact you directly. The steps for getting started are as follows:
- Telephone or on site interview with the shop manager: A short informal chat to assess your suitability for the role and give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
- Induction and Health and Safety Training: The shop manager will organise a meeting for your induction and Health and Safety training. A number of volunteer documents must be agreed at this stage.
- On the job training - together with the shop manager you will decide when you are ready to be trained in the specific aspects of the role
For more information
0818 10 20 30