Daffodil Day fundraising ideas for the workplace
By hosting an event you are changing the lives of people affected by cancer. The funds you raise will help the Irish Cancer Society ensure that no one has to face cancer alone.
Below you will find some event ideas and fundraising tips to help you organise your workplace event.
If you would prefer to download these resources, visit the downloads page.
Event ideas for everyone
Check out some of our fundraising ideas below!
- Have a Yellow Day at work! - Host a yellow themed event or day at work and turn your office yellow. Ask all staff to wear yellow, have a yellow themed bake sale, host a yellow themed lunch and serve all things yellow like a yummy curry, healthy pineapples or bananas and delicious lemonade. There are so many fun things you can do!
- Decorate your desk with all things yellow competition
- ‘Who’s that baby?’ baby photo competition - Get people to submit a baby photo, and then everyone can guess whose picture is whose. Charge an entry fee and offer a prize to the person who gets the most right.
- The Big Daffodil Raffle - Raffle off an annual leave day, a coveted parking spot, or a free lunch for their team. The more valuable the prize the more money you’ll raise.
- Lunchtime table quiz - Everyone loves a good table quiz!
- Daffodil Day inspired bake off competition - Have a bake off competition amongst your colleagues and then sell the goodies to the rest of the office.
- Spinathon – get your lycra on for a great cause! - Ask a local gym or a friend if you could borrow a stationary bike and have co-workers sign up to take a shift on the bike. Set a goal- like the distance from Cork to Dublin!
- Donate a percentage of sales in tandem with Daffodil Day! - Get your company to donate a percentage of sales on an item or service they provide.
How your event helps
See the impact of the money you raise below:
- €40 can help provide vital clinical equipment for one Night Nurse.
- €100 can help provide comprehensive manuals and family information booklets for every Night Nurse across the country.
- €250 can help provide specialist Night Nurse training to ensure that every cancer patient receiving end of life night-time care in their home get up to date, excellent care.
- €350 Can provide a night of care for a patient at the end of their cancer journey.
The Irish Cancer Society is the only organisation which provides this service and receives no government funding. We rely entirely on the generosity of supporters like you!
Our team is here to help so if you need any further help or advice on hosting your event call us on CallSave 1850 60 60 60 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Holding an event? Take a look at a couple delicious healthy recipes sure to please your guests!