Fundraising ideas and tips for your Daffodil Day workplace event
By hosting a Daffodil Day event in your workplace you are changing people’s lives. The funds you raise will help us ensure that no one has to face cancer alone. Your help on Daffodil Day means we can continue to invest in life-saving research, your help means we can continue to provide our free cancer support and services.
Below you will find some event ideas and fundraising tips to help you organise your event. If you would prefer to download these resources, visit the corporate downloads page.
- YellowFest in the workplace – Host a yellow-themed event or day at work and turn your workplace yellow. Ask all staff to wear yellow, have a fake it or bake it sale, host a yellow-themed lunch or a 'decorate your desk with all things yellow' competition.
- Matched giving – Find out if your company has a matched giving scheme. They may be able to donate €1 for every €1 you raise!
- The Big Daffodil Raffle – Raffle off an annual leave day, a coveted parking spot, or a free lunch for a team. The more valuable the prize, the more money you’ll raise!
- Table quiz – Hold a quiz in work and make the rounds interesting and varied; a music, a picture and general knowledge round. Everyone loves a good table quiz!
- Fundraise online! – Set up a JustGiving page for your company or department and share your page with your colleagues, clients, and suppliers who work in different offices and countries.
- Form Team Daffodil Day! – Get 1 or 2 other colleagues together to help you organise your event. Each colleague can be responsible for a different aspect of the event communication, running of the event on the day and collecting and banking funds raised.
- Spread the word! – Tell EVERYONE in your company about your Daffodil Day event - if they don’t know, they can’t donate! Use your company’s intranet, send a group email, use social media, or hang a poster in the canteen to help get your event out there.
- Set a goal – Having a target to reach is a great motivator to you and colleagues to help reach your goal!
- Start early – The earlier you begin, the more colleagues you can reach and the easier your fundraising will be. Maybe book the time of the event in your colleague’s calendar so they don’t forget.
- Remind – Don’t forget to remind everyone a few days before the event and emphasise the importance of their support and donations to the work of the Irish Cancer Society.
- Get dialled in – Our Corporate Partnerships team are here to help or send out more fundraising materials if you need them! Give us call on 01 231 6625 or email email@example.com.
- Thank everyone – Remember to thank everyone for supporting your event and tell them no matter how small their donation, it will make a difference to people affected by cancer.
Visit the downloads page for printable versions of these fundraising tips.
The impact of your support
Every single euro you and your colleagues raise will make a difference to people with cancer and their families throughout Ireland. A vital part of our work involves helping those at the end of their cancer journey to die in their own home, surrounded by those who love them. Your donation allows a Night Nurse to provide excellent care in the patients home, giving them comfort, familiarity and dignity in the last nights of their life.
See the impact of the money you raise below:
- €40 can help provide vital clinical equipment for one Night Nurse.
- €100 can help provide comprehensive manuals and family information booklets for every Night Nurse across the country.
- €250 can help provide specialist Night Nurse training to ensure that every cancer patient receiving end of life night-time care in their home get up to date, excellent care.
- €350 Can provide a night of care for a patient at the end of their cancer journey.
The Irish Cancer Society is the only organisation which provides this service and receives no government funding. We rely entirely on the generosity of supporters like you!
For more information
01 231 6625