Clinician Research Leadership Award 2018, Expression of Interest
Call for Expression of Interest applications
In a commitment to develop, support and evolve translational cancer research in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society wishes to invite eligible consultants to submit an Expression of Interest application for the Clinician Research Leadership Award 2018.
The absence of protected time for healthcare professional’s involvement in research is recognised as a significant impediment to the sustained evolution of high quality Irish cancer research.
The purpose of this award is to buy out the time of an outstanding individual working as a consultant in an oncology-related specialist field.
The successful applicant of this award would be supported with funding to enable them to spend two days away from clinical and administrative commitments per week over a period of 2 years to focus purely on developing and growing an important aspect of Irish cancer research.
This is intended to be a transformative investment in an individual who demonstrates great potential in driving and leading innovative new Irish cancer research.
The maximum total funding available is €75,000 per year. The maximum funding period is 24 months.
Please note that this award will fund protected time for the recipient and is not for funding a specific research project or consumables.
Expression of interest closing date: 3pm Wednesday, 13 June 2018
- Currently be resident and hold a consultant* appointment in a public hospital in the Republic of Ireland.
- Have a minimum of 5 first or senior authorships in cancer-related, peer-reviewed publications.
- Be a member of Cancer Trials Ireland.
- Demonstrate a clear level of support from their host institution
- Have an established track record in cancer research exemplified by, for example, clinical trials, research supervision, national/international research partnerships etc.
* Candidates holding a Senior Clinical Psychologist appointment in the area of psycho-oncology will also be considered. Consultant must hold the requisite qualifications necessary for a consultant-level appointment in their chosen field.
Eligible oncology-specialist fields include:
- Molecular medicine/Pathology
- Palliative Medicine
- Medical oncology
The expression of interest will be accepted only through the Irish Cancer Society Grant tracker web portal. Expression of interest closing date: 3pm Wednesday, 13 June 2018.
Expressions of interest applications will be collated and quality checked. Those strategically meeting the aims of the call will progress to the next stage.
Please see the Guidelines for the more details and the most up-to-date information. For any queries please contact email@example.com or call 01 2316 663.