Downloads and resources
Check out our list of resources and useful links relevant to X-HALE participants and anyone that is interested in youth smoking prevention.
X-HALE 2018 information and resources
- X-HALE 2018 Training for Youth Workers Flyer
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Information
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Poster
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Step by Step Guide
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Rules and Guidelines
- X-HALE 2011-2017 Categorisation of Short Film Competition Entries
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Award Categories and Judging
- X-HALE 2018 Guide to Social Media, and Community Action as part of your involvement
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Customisable Online Campaign Poster
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Customisable Screening Poster
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Organising a Screening Checklist
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Customisable Press Release
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Parental Consent for under 18's participants
- X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition Over 18's consent
X-HALE infographics and posters
- Do you Know What’s in a Cigarette
- How to Say No to Smoking
- Smoking... What's the Story?
- Exploring Youth Workers Views on Tackling Tobacco: A Summary of Survey Findings
X-HALE films and projects
Since 2011, dozens of short films and projects have been produced and developed by youth groups across Ireland. They can be used as an youth developed education resource to start conversations about various smoking topics. Check out the list of X-HALE Short Films 2011-2017 and their themes.
To learn about the programme and hear the views of past participants, watch our documentary "X-HALE...A Tobacco Free Generation in the Making"
You can watch all the X-HALE films and projects to date by visiting our page on the X-HALE story so far
The X-HALE 2018 Playlist of films made by 45 youth groups across Ireland are now live at www.cancer.ie/xhale2018, watch and share to support Ireland's First tobacco free generation!
To learn more about X-HALE and the impact of participation on young people and youth organisations involved, download the X-HALE evaluation report (2013) (pdf, 552 KB).
X-HALE on Social Media
Irish Cancer Society links and publications
The Irish Cancer Society publishes booklets, leaflets, factsheets and posters to provide information and advice on reducing cancer risk.
External Training Resources
Please note that these websites are for reference and the Irish Cancer Society is not responsible for the content of external websites.
You can also check out the prize-winning films from the X-HALE Youth Awards which have highlighted on our page X-HALE: the story so far.