Downloads and resources
Check out our list of resources and useful links relevant to X-HALE participants and anyone that is interested in youth smoking prevention.
X-HALE 2019 information and resources
X-HALE Recruitment and Advertisement Posters
X-HALE SFC Competition Information and Guidelines
- X-HALE 2019 Short Film Competition Information
- X-HALE 2019 Short Film Competition Step by Step Guide
- X-HALE 2019 Rules and Guidelines
- X-HALE 2019 Award Categories and Judging
X-HALE SFC Consent Forms
X-HALE SFC Film Resources and Links
X-HALE SFC Film Making Resources
- Digital Film School Guide
- Digital Film School Script Writing Template
- Equipment and Editing Software recommendations
- Irish Cancer Society X-HALE logo
- X-HALE #TheXGeneration tagline
- X-HALE WeTransfer 2019 Guide to Submitting Entry
X-HALE Online and Community Campaign Resources
- Guide to using Social Media to document X-HALE Participation
- X-HALE 2019 Customisable Online Campaign Poster
- X-HALE 2019 Customisable Screening Poster
- X-HALE 2019 Checklist for Organising a Screening Event
- X-HALE 2019 Cusomisable Screening Press Release Template
X-HALE infographics and posters
- Do you Know What’s in a Cigarette
- How to Say No to Smoking
- Smoking... What's the Story?
- Exploring Youth Workers Views on Tackling Tobacco: A Summary of Survey Findings
X-HALE films and projects
Since 2011, dozens of short films and projects have been produced and developed by youth groups across Ireland. The X-HALE 2018 Playlist of films made by 45 youth groups across Ireland are now live at www.cancer.ie/xhale2018. They are a fantastic youth developed education resource to start conversations about various smoking topics. Check out the list of X-HALE Short Films 2011-2018 and their themes.
To learn about the programme and hear the views of past participants, watch our documentary "X-HALE...A Tobacco Free Generation in the Making"
You can watch all the X-HALE films and projects to date by visiting our page on the X-HALE story so far
To learn more about X-HALE and the impact of participation on young people and youth organisations involved, download the X-HALE evaluation report (2013) (pdf, 552 KB).
X-HALE on Social Media
Irish Cancer Society links and publications
The Irish Cancer Society publishes booklets, leaflets, factsheets and posters to provide information and advice on reducing cancer risk.
External Training Resources
Please note that these websites are for reference and the Irish Cancer Society is not responsible for the content of external websites.
You can also check out the prize-winning films from the X-HALE Youth Awards which have highlighted on our page X-HALE: the story so far.