Grant Aid for Affiliate Organisations
In order to avail of any and all of the grants offered by the Irish Cancer Society, the organisation making the application must:
- Be affiliated to the Irish Cancer Society.
- Enter into a contract of agreement regarding the use of these funds.
- Deliver the programme or service in the calendar year for which the funds are granted.
- Provide anonymised statistical reports relating to these services.
- Participate in annual impact monitoring research.
One of the conditions of affiliation is that your organisation participates in the networking and professional development activities that the programme offers.
The Society recognises that the cost of travel can be burdensome therefore we offer a grant to help offset the cost to affiliated centres. This grant should be spent in accordance with each affiliate’s own expenses policy. The grant amount is €750 per year.
The Society has committed to ensuring that affiliates have access to proven psycho-social support programmes and has developed and piloted three programmes. They are:
- Strides for Life (€500 per course).
- Living Life group for people with secondary cancer (€2000 per course).
- Prostate cancer psycho-educative programme (€2000 per course).
- Each of these programmes is the intellectual property of the Irish Cancer Society and must be delivered in accordance with the training and materials provided.
In order to qualify for these grants, your organisation must engage a facilitator who has successfully completed the training for the programme.
The Society remains committed to offering grants for the provision of free of charge short term counselling services to people affected by cancer. Grant amounts are determined individually with each affiliated organisation.
For more information
1800 200 700