Shave or Dye fundraising tips
See some of the best ways to fundraise for your Shave or Dye event and have fun during the summer months!
- Hold an in-person event – invite your friends and family to an in-person event in your local hotel or sports ground to cheer you on as your shave or dye your hair! Why not hold an event on your college campus and have your classmates get involved!
- Fundraise online –
- Learn about how to setup an online fundraising page here.
- Set up your online fundraising page for your Shave or Dye here. It’s a great way to collect donations from family and friends across the world.
- Broadcast your event on Facebook Live – You can create an event on Facebook for your Shave or Dye to let your friends and family know when they can tune in to see your big shave or colourful dye! On the day, you can stream the shave on the Facebook event for all to see and interact with everyone to encourage them to donate.
- Take to Instagram – You can host a live event on Instagram to let people follow your shaving story and direct them to where they can donate. You could post stories leading up to the event to let people choose what colour or what style to shave your hair. To vote, you have to donate!
- Let the people choose! – If you are unsure of whether you want to shave or dye your hair, you can have your friends and family on social media choose which one. For each donation they make they can cast their vote for which option you should do! Update them throughout the week on what style is in the lead.
- Taking part as a team? Create an online JustGiving team page and link all your team members’ pages to this. It’s a great way to easily see your team total while still keeping everyone’s individual pages! Why not get the whole family involved and set up a family page!
- Add a fundraising target - Setting yourself a target not only focuses your mind more on your goal but it will also encourage your family and friends to support you to help you get there!
- Add a picture to your fundraising page - Pages with profile pictures bring in 15% more in donations so get your selfie on!
- Tell your story - Use your page to tell your story about why you're taking part or who inspired you to take on this challenge to support cancer patients and their families. If people know why you are fundraising, they will be more likely to donate towards your cause.
- Give updates - Keep your friends and families updated and give them regular updates on social media. It’s a great way to thank those that have donated already and who knows--it could encourage them to donate again!
- Let people know - Post your online fundraising page on your social media profiles - your fundraising page comes with social media sharing buttons that make it super quick and easy to post your page on Facebook and Twitter. And don't forget about email! Have your fundraising link in your email signature, and use our email message templates to email your friends and family to make sure they know how to donate! You can even create some posters to place around your campus or sports club!
"Cancer has affected my family a lot. I lost my grandmother six years ago. She was like a best friend to me. We spent weekends going to local markets, getting ice-creams and going for walks in her local woods with the dog.
"There was never anything too much for my Nanny; she would do anything to see me happy. When she first got sick she came to stay in my house for a while and we shared a room. I was young so sometimes I forgot and would run and jump on her bed, but she always stayed happy!
"Cancer didn't give us much time together after she got sick, so these memories are ones a try to keep alive by talking about her.
"I wanted to raise money in the hope that eventually other people won't have to lose their loved ones, and to help the people who don't have a family to help them."
Read more stories about Shave or Dye fundraising
For more information
0818 10 20 30