Working with cancer: Employer Guidelines
Understanding the needs of an employee with cancer and managing their day-to-day worklife helps not only the person facing cancer, but their colleagues and organisation too.
Our resources below give workplace employers and colleagues tips on how to support someone going through cancer at work.
- Workplace Relations Commission – Free information service for employers, directors and business owners.
- Citizens Information – For information about employment rights, including carers’ rights.
- The Employee Retention Grant – helps private sector employers to keep employees who acquire an illness, condition or impairment (occupational or otherwise) that affects their ability to carry out their job.
- Partial Capacity Benefit – This is paid if the employee cannot work to their full capacity.
- The Employment Equality Acts 1998-2011 – Reasonable steps employers are required to take to accommodate employees with an illness or disability.
For more information
1800 200 700