Tests after a thyroid cancer diagnosis
You may have more tests after your diagnosis to find out:
- How large is the cancer?
- Where exactly is the cancer?
- Has the cancer spread to any other parts of your body?
This is called staging. Staging tests for thyroid cancer include:
- MRI scan: A scan that uses magnetic energy to build up a picture of the tissues inside your body. During the scan you will lie inside a tunnel-like machine.
- CT scan: A type of X-ray that gives a detailed picture of the tissues inside your body.
- PET - CT scan: A radioactive injection that will show up any cancer spread to other parts of your body on a CT scan picture.
Staging is important as it helps your medical team decide on the best treatment for your cancer.
For more information
1800 200 700