Fundraising online is a quick and easy to spread the word about your fundraiser and easily and safely collect donations from your family and friends
Why fundraise online?
- Saves the environment – As it’s all online we no longer have to get paper sponsorship cards printed which is great for the environment!
- Cuts on cost - By fundraising online, you are allowing us to lower our costs on printing sponsorship cards and postage. This means that more of the funds you raise go towards supporting people affected by cancer across Ireland.
- Wider reach - Online fundraising allows you to reach family and friends near and far, reach out to your friends in Australia, America etc. and get them to support your cause.
- It’s instantaneous! By collecting donations online, you don’t have to worry about holding large sums of money or lodging the money you raise--this all happens automatically. JustGiving transfers your funds to us on a monthly basis so you don’t have to worry about it!
Create an online fundraising page
So now you have your page, here’s how to make the most of it!
- Taking part as a team? Create an online JustGiving team page and link all your team members’ pages to this. It’s a great way to easily see your team total while still keeping everyone’s individual pages!
- Add a fundraising target - Setting yourself a target not only focuses your mind more on your goal but it will also encourage your family and friends to support you to help you get there!
- Add a picture to your fundraising page - Pages with profile pictures bring in 15% more in donations so get your selfie on!
- Tell your story - Use your page to tell your story about why you're taking part or who inspired you to join in the fight against cancer. If people know why you are fundraising, they will be more likely to donate towards your cause.
- Give updates - Keep your friends and families updated and give them regular updates on social media. It’s a great way to thank those that have donated already and who knows--it could encourage them to donate again!
- Let people know - Post your online fundraising page on your social media profiles - your fundraising page comes with social media sharing buttons that make it super quick and easy to post your page on Facebook and Twitter. And don't forget about email! Have your fundraising link in your email signature, and use our email message templates to email your friends and family to make sure they know how to donate!
For more information
1850 60 60 60