Living Well with Cancer Conference
The National Conference for Cancer Survivorship 2017 – Living Well with Cancer is our annual national conference for cancer survivors, those who care for them, health care professionals, staff and volunteers from community based cancer support services. This years conference will take place:
- Friday 29 September 1.30 pm - 6.00 pm
- Saturday 30 September 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
The aim of the conference is to provide information and support to enable people to live well after a cancer diagnosis.
This conference is an essential part of the Irish Cancer Society's work. It is where we hear from cancer patients and seek to understand and address the needs of the whole person not just the cancer. It is where we share, learn and support.
You will hear from a range of speakers who will share their experiences, stories and expert knowledge.
This year we will hear from many speakers, including:
- Dr. Miriam O' Connor, Medical Oncologist - Cancer Treatments Update 2017.
- Ms. Ruth Kilcawley, Senior Oncology & Haematology Dietician - Nutrition & Cancer, Sports Nutrition & Practical demonstrations.
- National Cancer Control Programme - The Patient Voice in Cancer Services.
- Mr. John Lonergan, Author and Public Speaker - Being Happy & Content.
There are practical sessions with art, writing, music, sleep, exercise, nutrition and much, much more.
With such a wide range of topics and exhibitors I am sure there is something which will interest all attendees.
Attendance is free of charge.