Cancer and complementary therapies
- Conventional treatment
- Complementary therapies
- Alternative therapies
- If you decide to have complementary or alternative treatments
- Hormone therapy
- Biological therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Music, art and dance therapy
- Gentle massage
- More positive about yourself and your illness.
- Better able to cope with the physical side-effects of cancer and the distressing emotions cancer often brings.
- More focussed spiritual dimensions, that also aid healing.
- Diet therapy
- Megavitamin therapy
If you decide to have complementary or alternative treatments
Talk to your doctor
Be careful when dedicing on a practitioner. Don’t be misled by promises of miracle cures and always find out:
- Are they properly qualified?
- Do they belong to a professional body?
- Do they have a good reputation?
- Are they charging a fair price?
Ask other people
Find out more from the Irish Cancer Society