Tests after a liver cancer diagnosis
You may have more tests after your diagnosis to find out:
- The size and location of the cancer
- If the cancer has spread to any other parts of your body
This is called staging. Staging tests for liver cancer include:
- CT scan: A special type of X-ray to give a picture of the tissues inside your body
- MRI scan: This is a scan that uses magnetic energy to build up a picture of the tissues inside your body. During the scan you will lie inside a tunnel-like machine.
- PET scan: A radioactive injection that will show up any cancer spread to other parts of your body on a CT scan picture.
Read more about these staging tests.
Staging is important as it helps your medical team decide on the best treatment for your cancer.
For more information
1800 200 700