Questions to ask your doctor about clinical trials
- What does the trial hope to find out?
- What is the evidence for the trial?
- Will the trial cost me any money?
- What is the trial called?
- What treatment will I get?
- What is the difference between the trial treatment and standard treatment?
- What are the side effects of the trial treatment?
- What are the benefits of taking part?
- What are the risks of taking part?
- How many patients are taking part in this trial?
- What is expected of me during the trial?
- How long will my treatment take?
- Will I have many extra visits in comparison to the standard treatment?
- Where will I get my treatment? Will I be in the same hospital and have the same doctors?
- When will the trial results be available?
- What will happen if I want to stop the trial treatment?
- What treatment will I have if I do not want to take part in the trial?
For more information
1800 200 700