Audio guide to quitting smoking
We have produced an audio guide (podcast) to help with the qutting smoking process. There are 15 separate short topics dealing with different parts of the process.
Listen to the audio on Soundcloud
Download to your computer or device
These podcasts are all in MP3 format. To listen to a topic, just click on its link. It should just play on most PCs. To save a topic to your PC so you can listen to it later, right click on a topic below and choose "Save Target as" or "Save Link as" then listen to it offline as often as you wish.
- 01 - Why Quit Smoking (mp3 1.55MB)
- 02 - Top Ten Quitting Tips (mp3 4.83MB)
- 03 - What Is In A Cigarette (mp3 1.46MB)
- 04 - Health Effects Of Smoking (mp3 1.94MB)
- 05 - Withdrawal Symptoms (mp3 3.55MB)
- 06 - Dealing With Cravings (mp3 5.01MB)
- 07 - Maintaining a Healthy Weight While Quitting (mp3 3.43MB)
- 08 - Getting Active While Quitting (mp3 2.87MB)
- 09 - Benefits of Quitting (mp3 1.98MB)
- 10 - Pregnancy and Smoking (mp3 2.48MB)
- 11 - Dealing With Stress (mp3 4.51MB)
- 12 - Relapse (3.99 MB)
- 13 - Nicotine Replacement Products (mp3 1.8MB)
- 14 - Second-Hand Smoke (mp3 2.42 MB)
- 15 - Frequently Asked Questions (mp3 7.49MB)
For information and support on how to quit smoking, call the HSE Quit Team on 1800 201 203 or visit Quit.ie.