About Today FM's Dare to Care
Dare to Care has been such a huge success we are delighted to be continuing our partnership with Today FM to help families across Ireland affected by cancer!
So here’s how it works: we are asking you and the Irish public to quite literally dare your friends and family to care, have some fun and a few laughs along the way. In doing so, you will be funding free cancer services and lifesaving research. You’ll be giving hope to those affected by cancer and their families.
Dare to Care is an Irish Cancer Society fundraising campaign in partnership with Today FM where, individuals across the country take on a Dare from friends, family and colleagues and raise money to support the Irish Cancer Society in the fight against cancer.
How Dare to Care works
Participants who register for Dare to Care receive an online fundraising page through JustGiving to collect pledges online and in person from their friends, family and colleagues to encourage them to complete their Dare.
To get involved, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Choose your Dare. You can walk to work in a sumo costume, sing out loud on a crowded bus - it's up to you! Check out some more ideas for your Dare.
- Register your Dare and create your online fundraising page. You'll get some great hints and tips along the way on how to raise funds.
- Start fundraising. Put your online page to work. The great thing about online fundraising is you don’t have to worry about lodging funds as it’s all done automatically! See here for some hints and tips on how to make the most out of your page.
- Complete your Dare. You’ve set up your page, you’ve let your friends know it’s happening, now all that’s left to do is complete it! Share your Dare and don’t be a stranger! We want to see you before, during and after your dare. So share your story, photos, videos with us using the hashtag #DareToCare and you never know, one of the Today FM team could be calling you – looking to hear all about YOUR story!
- Celebrate - you’ve done it! You’ve Dared to Care to help support those affected by cancer across Ireland, you’ve made a difference! On behalf of everyone that will benefit from your support – THANK YOU!
For more information
1850 60 60 60