Colour Dash FAQs
Please see the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
How do I register?
What is the registration cost?
When registering for the event we ask for a kind donation to help fund vital cancer services across Ireland. We recommend a donation of €15 for individuals and €25 for family/ household registrations
Where can I take part?
You can take part wherever you like! When taking part in the Colour Dash Family 5k we ask that you stay within government restrictions to keep yourself and your community safe:
- Please keep social distance in mind and keep 2 metres distance from other members of the public.
- If taking part with people from outside your household, keep your social distance before, during and after your 5k.
Can I fundraise too?
Yes, you can set up your own online fundraising page and share your page with family and friends.
With the original Colour Dash event cancelled we need your support now more than ever. By raising funds, you can support cancer patients and their families across Ireland at this worrying time.
You can set up your page here.
How do I set up an online fundraising page?
If you would like to create an online fundraising page we would be extremely grateful. Any extra donations raised online are greatly appreciated and will help to fund vital free services for cancer patients and their families at this worrying time.
To set up your page please go to our JustGiving Colour Dash Page.
- Sign up for your JustGiving page
- Update your page
- Share your page with friends and family
JustGiving is a great way to fundraise with friends and family. The donations go straight to the charity, so you don’t have to worry about lodging funds.
How much of my donation goes to the Irish Cancer Society?
100% of your donation will go towards funding cancer research and vital cancer services.
What is included with my Colour Dash registration?
When you register with us online or over the phone, you will receive an email with links to the following.
- Tips on how to make your 5k as colourful as possible
- Access to an online fundraising page. You can track your 5k on the day and share with friends and family if you would like to raise additional funds.
- A downloadable Colour Dash medal for the kids to colour in and wear.
- Downloadable bunting for the kids to decorate bikes or scooters.
- Twibbon to share on your social media to let your friends and family know you are taking part.
Can I take part with my kids?
Yes! The Colour Dash Family 5k is ideal for families with young kids. You can all grab your buggies, bikes or scooters and take on the colourful 5k together. It’s a great way to stay fit and give back.
What do I wear on the day of Colour Dash?
Wear as much colour as you like during your Colour Dash family 5k. Have fun with it, the brighter the colours the better! Be sure to share photos of your 5k on the day with the hashtag #ColourDash
Haven’t got bright coloured clothing to hand? Why not decorate your bikes or scooters for your 5k?
Sign your family up to take part in our very first virtual Colour Dash this July 5th
For more information
1850 60 60 60