About the Colour Dash
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Colour Dash as we know and love it can no longer go ahead.
Instead we are inviting you and your family to take part in the first virtual Colour Dash Family 5k.
This July 5th we are asking families across Ireland to take on their own 5k. You can bike, scoot, skip or jog your 5k dressed in your favourite bright colours. Why not get creative and decorate your bikes and scooters too!
To register for the Colour Dash Family 5k we are asking for a kind donation. Your donation will fund vital free services that are there for cancer patients and their families at this worrying time.
Whether you are running with your family or for your family, we need you this July!
Please get active and join the fight against cancer!
Be in with a chance to win!
By taking part, not only will you be helping cancer patients and their families but you could also be in with a chance to win too!
Fundraise – Our amazing Sponsor Aldi have offered a chance to win a €250 voucher to spend in store for anyone that raises over €100 for their Colour Dash family 5k. There are 2 vouchers up for grabs. To be in with a chance to win simply register today and set up your online fundraising page here. Not only will you be supporting cancer patients and their families but you’ll be in with a chance to win too! The two winners will be announced July 8th . Any extra donations raised online are greatly appreciated and will help to fund vital free services for cancer patients and their families at this worrying time.
Share & Win – Aldi have also given us 3 Aldi vouchers worth €250 each for the most colourful photos on the day! To be in with a chance to win, register today and share your photos to Instagram on the day and tag @irishcancersociety, @Aldi and use the #ColourDash. (Make sure your account is set to public on the day so that we can see your photos!) Winners will be announced on July 6th!
How can I get involved in the Colour Dash Family 5km?
It’s easy to get you and your family involved. Simply follow these 5 steps!
- Register for the Colour Dash Family 5km - sign up here
- Throw in a splash of colour. In the absence of paint, COLOUR is essential for this event. Grab as many colourful clothes as you can find, decorate your bikes or scooters in as much colour as possible. We want to stand out! The more colourful the better!
- Clock up those kms. On Sunday 5 July, take the family out, as colourful as can be, and run, walk, skip, scoot or cycle your 5 kilometres, whatever you prefer.
- Share, share, share! Let your friends and family know what you are doing. Take lots of pictures and share on your social media with the hashtag #ColourDash
- HAVE FUN!
Once you have registered you will get access to:
- Access to an online fundraising page. You can track your 5k on the day, and share your page with friends and family if you would like to raise additional funds.
- Thanks to our amazing sponsors Aldi you will have multiple opportunities to win vouchers. There are 5 up for grabs - keep an eye on our Facebook page and your email to find out more.
- A downloadable Colour Dash medal for the kids to colour in and wear.
- Downloadable bunting for the kids to decorate bikes or scooters
- Twibbon to share on your social media to let your friends and family know you are taking part.
Raid the wardrobe – Find the most colourful clothing you have, the brighter the better! Make the colours clash - you don’t have to match for this event, the crazier the colours the better!
Dress up – Take your little superheroes, Princes and Princesses on your 5k. Let the kids don their favourite costumes for the event.
Decorate – Why not decorate your bikes or scooters? Once registered you will get access to some bunting that you and the kids can decorate in the lead up to the day. Get out the Markers, paints and even the glitter! This is a great way to add some colour to your 5k
Paint those faces – Get those face paints out and get painting! The kids will love to get their faces painted - why not join in too?
Props – Dust off those neon sunglasses, reach for those brightly coloured caps, grab those wigs from last year’s Halloween costume or create some fun colourful props that you can bring along on your 5k!
During these challenging times, demand for our services are growing. We have expanded our Support Line, introduced remote counselling and we are working hard to meet increasing demand for our Night Nursing service. By taking part in the Colour Dash Family 5k this July 5th you can ensure we can be there for cancer patients and their families when they need it most.
When registering we ask for a kind donation to take part. 100% of your donation will go towards funding vital cancer research and free cancer services across Ireland. Your donation will help ensure no cancer patient has to go through their journey alone.
- €15 Individual
- €25 Family/ Household
Need more information?
You can also follow our Colour Dash Facebook Page to connect with your fellow Colour Dash participants and share photos!
For more information
1850 60 60 60