Volunteer through Relay For Life
Volunteer with the Irish Cancer Society in your own community
Relay For Life is a volunteer-led staff supported movement that is helping the Irish Cancer Society to fight cancer across Ireland.
Through Relay For Life we:
- Celebrate – cancer survivors.
- Remember – loved ones lost.
- Fight Back – against cancer by:
- Promotion of prevention and early detection messages.
- Ensuring our communities know what support services are available for cancer patients and their families.
- Engaging our community in lobbying activities.
- Funding world class cancer research.
All these activities are embodied in the 24 hour walking Relay that sees teams of 10-15 people taking it in turns to walk the track. The event includes live music, games, activities as well as a celebration of survivorship spreading hope to cancer patients and a moving candle lit ceremony to remember those lost.
For more information on Relay For Life see www.cancer.ie/relayforlife.
In order to join an existing committee or in order to enquire about forming a new one please contact us on email@example.com or call Matt on 01 2310515.