Staying healthy after cancer: quit smoking
- It can cause more pain after surgery.
- It can increase the risk of infections after surgery.
- It can lead to complications with general anaesthetic.
- It can reduce how well chemotherapy and radiotherapy works.
- It can make the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy worse. It can also cause rarer side-effects such as breathing and heart problems.
Find out more about giving up smoking including 10 tips to help you quit, treatments you might need and our audio guides to help you on the way.