X-HALE 2018 Training for youth workers & volunteers
NOW TAKING BOOKINGS
Registration is now open for X-HALE 2018 Training for Youth Workers and Volunteers in youth smoking prevention and education. Click here to complete the online application form. Support our young people in being Ireland's First Tobacco Free Generation!
This innovative free training day is designed to accompany X-HALE Training, our smoking education and prevention resource for use with young people in formal and non-formal education settings.
Each participant will receive a free copy of our X-HALE Training resource and lunch will be provided.
The X- HALE Training Resource was developed in partnership with young people and youth workers to provide a framework to facilitate and explore a broad range of smoking prevention topics with young people during group sessions.
Topics covered include young people’s attitudes to smoking, peer pressure, the health effects of smoking, the costs of smoking, the power of the tobacco industry, the local and global impact of tobacco, taking action to create smoke free communities and supporting young people to quit. The information provided is relevant for all young people; both non-smokers and smokers are encouraged to participate, share and reflect.
WHO IS THE TRAINING FOR?
- If you work or volunteer with young people aged 10-24 in a youth organisation, project, club, service or centre this training is for you.
- Youth workers from groups taking part in the X-HALE 2018 Short Film Competition are strongly recommended to attend to facilitate their participation in X-HALE. Youth leaders from non-participating groups are also invited to attend.
- X-HALE Training will be of interest to youth organisations that want to empower young people to actively participate in improving their health and developing their range of personal skills. It is strongly recommended for youth organisations working towards the National Youth Council of Ireland’s Health Quality Mark Award for best practice in health promotion.
WHY TAKE PART?
- Both the training and resource provide you with the knowledge, skills and materials needed to tackle smoking issues in your setting and facilitate a range of smoking topics in an engaging, interactive and participatory way with young people.
- Through implementing your learning and resource activities young people in your group will have the chance to discuss and share the facts about smoking and reflect on their own opinions and choices.
- We want to bring down the number of young people smoking in Ireland smoking and we want youth organisations to join us in supporting our young people to become the first tobacco free generation.
WHEN IS THE TRAINING?
Six training sessions are being held around the country in Januuary/February 2018. Training will go ahead with a minimum or 10 participants and a maximum of 22 participants.
|Date||Venue & Details||Time|
|January 17th 2018||
Cillín Hill, Dublin Hill, Kilkenny
This training is being coordinated by Health and Wellbeing CHO5 under the Local Communities for a Healthy Ireland Fund for youth workers based in Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford. ContactHealthandwellbeingCHO5@hse.ie to book
|10am sharp- 4pm|
|January 30th 2018||Riverside Park Hotel, Killarney Rd, Lackaduff, Macroom, Co. Cork,||10am sharp- 4pm|
|January 31st 2018||Northside Youth Space, V94 TPP3, Ballynanty Road, Ballynanty, Co. Limerick||10am sharp- 4pm|
|February 1st 2018||
SCCUL Enterprise Centre, Castlepark Road, Ballybane, Galway
This training is being coordinated by HSE Health Promotion & Improvement & Galway City Partnership, on behalf of Galway City Local Community Development Committee and Healthy Galway City, with support from the Local Communities for a Healthy Ireland Fund. Contacteileen.email@example.com or 091 737251 to book
|10am sharp- 4pm|
|February 6th 2018||Irish Cancer Society, 43-45 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4||10am sharp- 4pm|
|March 14th 2018||Castleblayney Child Wellbeing Centre, Bree, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan||
10am sharp- 4pm
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW
Click here to submit your application form, you will be contacted to confirm if there is space available. For any queries please contact Sarah Chadwick by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (01) 2316624.
SPREAD THE WORD
We want to get as many youth workers as possible to attend, please spread the word about the training, by downloading the X-HALE Training 2018 for Youth Workers and Volunteers Flyer, pass it on to any contacts that you think may be interested or share on your organisation Facebook page. Like X-HALE on Facebook to keep up to date with the X-HALE programme.
DON’T MISS OUT
A limited number of places are available at each training, register early to avoid disappointment!