X-HALE 2017 Training for youth workers & volunteers
X-HALE 2017 Training for Youth Workers and Volunteers concluded in February 2017. The training is rolled our once per year in venues across Ireland. Please see details of who the training is for and reasons to take part below. If you are interested in registering your interest to recieve information about future X-HALE Training opportunities, please submit an X-HALE Training Expression of Interest Form and you will be contacted when 2018 course dates are set.
WHO IS X-HALE TRAINING FOR?
- If you work or volunteer with young people aged 10-24 in a youth organisation, project, club, service or centre this training is for you.
- Youth workers from groups taking part in the X-HALE Short Film Competition are strongly recommended to attend to facilitate their participation. Staff/volunteers from non-participating groups are also invited to attend.
- X-HALE Training will be of interest to youth organisations that want to empower young people to actively participate in improving their health and developing their range of personal skills. It is strongly recommended for youth organisations working towards the National Youth Council of Ireland’s Health Quality Mark Award for best practice in health promotion.
WHY TAKE PART?
- Both the training and resource provide you with the knowledge, skills and materials needed to tackle smoking issues in your setting and facilitate a range of smoking topics in an engaging, interactive and participatory way with young people.
- Through implementing your learning and resource activities young people in your group will have the chance to discuss and share the facts about smoking and reflect on their own opinions and choices.
- We want to bring down the number of young people smoking in Ireland smoking and we want youth leaders to join us in supporting our young people to become the first tobacco free generation.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST AND LEARN MORE NOW
Complete and submit the X-HALE Training Expression of Interest Form, you will be contacted when future training dates are set. For any queries please contact Sarah Chadwick by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (01) 2316624.
To learn more about other X-HALE opportunities, check out the X-HALE Short Film Competition. Your youth group could make a film to save lives!