Organise a golf event
Golf events are a great form of fundraising. It’s easy to find people who love to play golf and there are lots of simple, fun ways to raise money through competitions, games and challenges.
How to organise a golf day to benefit the Irish Cancer Society
- Ask the captain or general manager of your golf club if you can organise a charity golf event; they may be willing to donate the course for free or for a greatly reduced fee.
- Tell us about your plans by filling out an event proposal form so that we can provide you with the best support possible.
- A member of the fundraising team will contact you to authorise your event and go over any details with you.
- Recruit lots of players and ask them to ‘pay to play’ or even take a sponsorship card and get it filled out prior to participating.
- Think of lots of competitions and games that your golfers can pay to take part in: nearest the flag, longest drive, worst tee shot, etc. You can even add forfeits where people can be fined for swearing, going out of bounds, taking the game too seriously, etc.
- As with all fundraising events, make sure your event is fun and that there are lots of opportunities for people to donate or contribute to the Irish Cancer Society.
- If you have any questions or need help registering, contact our fundraising team on 1850 60 60 60 or at email@example.com.
Become a golf champion
Join our team of golf champions and help us continue our work providing quality care and support to people affected by cancer throughout Ireland.
As a golf champion, you’ll be our representative in your golf club, golf society, golf team and with fellow golfers:
- Promoting the Irish Cancer Society services in your club.
- Assisting us in promoting our national awareness campaigns.
- Helping us to raise funds through golf for our vital cancer services.
To find out more about our Golf Champion programme phone 1850 60 60 60 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodge funds raised at your golf event
Already organised a golf event? Thank you! Now it's time to submit any money you raised so we can start putting the funds to good work.
Find out how to send us what you've raised.