How to register a company for Dare to Care
Dare to fight cancer in your workplace
This year we are back with a bang and bigger than ever! Since 2016 Dare to Care has seen Today FM listeners and presenters come out of their comfort zones and take on Dares to raise funds to support cancer patients across the country.
This April on Today FM we want your company, together with Today FM presenters to
BE DANCERS FOR CANCER!
Cancer has touched every household in Ireland and this year we are asking you and your colleagues to be dancers in the fight against cancer. We are delighted to be teaming up with Today FM again to help families across Ireland affected by cancer and we would be delighted to have you and your company on board too!
We’re not talking Michael Flatley or Beyonce here, we want to get everyone involved. Freestyle it, create your own dance, copy someone else’s but JUST DANCE!
From the Floss to the shake of your hips.. no experience required!
Dance your heart out for your loved ones, for those who have experienced Cancer, and for those who need your help the most.
Today FM are holding a National Day of Dancing on Tuesday, 30 April: Keep it in the diary and stay tuned to Today FM for more details. You and your colleagues will NOT want to miss this.
HANG ON, WHAT SONG WILL WE DANCE TO?
Aha! That’s where you and your colleagues come in (again!).
Over the next week across each day time show on Today FM (from Ian Dempsey to Matt Cooper), each presenter will suggest a song we can all dance to and YOU and your colleagues get to vote for your favorite.
Better still, every time you or your colleagues vote you donate €4 to support Cancer patients and their families.
Tune into Today FM to hear the 5 song choices and follow the text instructions.
So, how do I get involved?
Register your dance
You can choose to dance by yourself or get all your colleagues involved. If you can’t commit to the National Day of Dancing (30 April), don’t worry – you and your colleagues can dance at any time throughout April and beyond.
It couldn’t be easier to get involved, just follow these simple steps:
- Register your dance – Whether you are doing it alone or as part of a group you can sign up here to take part
- Set up your page - When you sign up you will receive an online fundraising page with Just Giving.
- Setting up a group? – If you and your colleagues are taking part you can set up a team page so you can fundraise for your dance together. Once you have registered your members here you can set up your team page. (tips on setting up your group page on justGiving)
- Share – Share your JustGiving online fundraising page with your friends, colleagues and family on social media to encourage them to dig deep and donate to your dancing goal.
- Tune into Today FM all across April to follow the campaign
- Follow Today FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see our presenters getting behind this amazing cause
- If you have a story you’d like to share with us or to keep us up to date with your dance rehearsal videos, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on social media using #DaretoCare
If you would like to get in touch with The Irish Cancer Society directly, you can get in touch with Sháuna on our corporate team. Email email@example.com or call 01 231 6672.