About Today FM's Dare to Care
This year we are back with a bang and bigger than ever! Since 2016 Dare to Care has seen Today FM listeners and presenters come out of their comfort zones and take on Dares to raise funds to support cancer patients across the country.
This April on Today FM we want you, together with Today FM presenters to...
BE A DANCER FOR CANCER!
We are delighted to be teaming up with Today FM again to help families across Ireland affected by cancer and we would be delighted to have you on board too!
We’re not talking Michael Flatley or Beyonce here, we want to get everyone involved. Freestyle it, create your own dance, copy someone else’s but JUST DANCE!
From the Floss to the shake of your hips.. no experience required!
Dance your heart out for your loved ones, for those who have experienced Cancer, and for those who need your help the most.
Today FM are holding a National Day of Dancing on Tuesday, 30th April: Keep it in the diary and stay tuned to Today FM for more details. You will NOT want to miss this.
HANG ON, WHAT SONG WILL I DANCE TO?
Aha! That’s where you, the Today FM listeners comes in (again!).
Over the next week across each day time show on Today FM (from Ian Dempsey to Matt Cooper), each presenter will suggest a song we can all dance to and YOU get to vote for your favorite.
Better still, every time you vote you donate €4 to support Cancer patients and their families.
Tune into Today FM to hear the 5 song choices and follow the text instructions.
Watch: Today FM presents Dare to Care 2019
So, how do I get involved?
Register your dance
You can choose to dance by yourself, with a group of pals, your school, your office or gather the entire community, the more the merrier!
If you can’t commit to the National Day of Dancing, don’t worry – you can dance at any time throughout April and beyond.
It couldn’t be easier to get involved, Just follow these simple steps:
- Register your dance - Whether you are doing it alone or as part of a group you can sign up here to take part.
- Set up your page - When you sign up you will receive an online fundraising page with Just Giving.
- Setting up a group? – If you and your friends, colleagues or family are taking part you can set up a team page so you can fundraise for your dance together. Once you have registered your members here you can set up your team page. (tips on setting up your group page on justGiving)
- Share – Share your JustGiving online fundraising page with your friends, colleagues and family on social media to encourage them to dig deep and donate to your dancing goal.
- Tune into Today FM all across April to follow the campaign and get involved
- Follow Today FM on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to see our presenters getting behind this amazing cause
- If you have a story you’d like to share with us or to keep us up to date with your dance rehearsal videos, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on social media using #DaretoCare
- If you would like to get in touch with The Irish Cancer Society directly, you can email email@example.com or call 1850 606060.