Daffodil Day fundraising ideas and tips for your workplace event
By hosting a Daffodil Day event in your workplace you are changing people’s lives. The funds you raise will help us ensure that no one has to face cancer alone. Your help on Daffodil Day means we can continue to invest in life-saving research, your help means we can continue to provide our free cancer support and services.
Below you will find some event ideas and fundraising tips to help you organise your event. If you would prefer to download these resources, visit the downloads page.
How you and your colleagues can support us this Daffodil Day
- Have a yellow day at work! – Host a yellow-themed event or day at work and turn your workplace yellow. Ask all staff to wear yellow, have a yellow-themed bake sale, host a yellow-themed lunch or a 'decorate your desk with all things yellow' competition.
- Matched giving – Find out if your company has a matched giving scheme. They may be able to donate €1 for every €1 you raise!
- ‘Who’s that baby?’ photo competition – Ask people to submit a baby photo and have a ‘guess who?’ competition! Charge an entry fee and offer a prize to the person who gets the most right.
- The Big Daffodil Raffle – Raffle off an annual leave day, a coveted parking spot, or a free lunch for a team. The more valuable the prize, the more money you’ll raise!
- Table quiz – Hold a quiz in work and make the rounds interesting and varied; a music, a picture and general knowledge round. Everyone loves a good table quiz!
- Daffodil Day inspired bake off – Have a bake off competition amongst your colleagues and sell the goodies to the rest of the office. Make sure to ask everyone to make something yellow or with daffodils, like lemon cake, lemon cheesecake or vanilla cupcakes. It’s a great way to catch up with people!
- Spin-a-thon – Get your lycra on for a great cause! Ask a local gym or a friend if you could borrow a stationary bike and have co-workers sign up to take a shift on the bike. Set a goal, like the distance from Cork to Dublin!
- Fundraise online! – Set up a JustGiving page for your company or department and share your page with your colleagues, clients, and suppliers who work in different offices and countries.
Our top fundraising tips
- Form Team Daffodil Day! – Get 1 or 2 other colleagues together to help you organise your event. Each colleague can be responsible for a different aspect of the event communication, running of the event on the day and collecting and banking funds raised.
- Spread the word! – Tell EVERYONE in your company about your Daffodil Day event - if they don’t know, they can’t donate! Use your company’s intranet, send a group email, use social media, or hang a poster in the canteen to help get your event out there.
- Set a goal – Having a target to reach is a great motivator to you and colleagues to help reach your goal!
- Start early – The earlier you begin, the more colleagues you can reach and the easier your fundraising will be. Maybe book the time of the event in your colleague’s calendar so they don’t forget.
- Remind – Don’t forget to remind everyone a few days before the event and emphasise the importance of their support and donations to the work of the Irish Cancer Society.
- Get dialled in – Our Corporate Partnerships team are here to help or send out more fundraising materials if you need them! Give us call on 01 231 6625 or email email@example.com.
- Thank everyone – Remember to thank everyone for supporting your event and tell them no matter how small their donation, it will make a difference to people affected by cancer.
How your event helps
See the impact of the money you raise below:
- €40 can help provide vital clinical equipment for one Night Nurse.
- €100 can help provide comprehensive manuals and family information booklets for every Night Nurse across the country.
- €250 can help provide specialist Night Nurse training to ensure that every cancer patient receiving end of life night-time care in their home get up to date, excellent care.
- €350 Can provide a night of care for a patient at the end of their cancer journey.
The Irish Cancer Society is the only organisation which provides this service and receives no government funding. We rely entirely on the generosity of supporters like you!
Our team is here to help so if you need any further help or advice on hosting your event call us on 01 231 6625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
- Holding an event? Take a look at a couple delicious healthy recipes sure to please your guests!
- Visit the downloads page for printable versions of these fundraising tips.