The impact you've made
Taking on any challenge requires dedication and perseverance but when you raise funds along the way, it shows you care for others and for your own health too.
By challenging yourself and fighting cancer you represent hope and opportunity; hope of a better future for people living with cancer and opportunity to play a vital role in achieving world-class cancer services for the people of Ireland.
The more people we have taking on a challenge in our name, the more services and support we can provide to people affected by cancer. Your fundraising will help us continue to provides vital services and programmes including our cancer research.
Where the money goes
- €60 - could buy a fluorescent stain used for visualising DNA Bottom Right Hand Side.
- €100 - could go towards the purchase of a vial of cancer cells to grow in the lab.
- €250 - would support the training of a cancer scientist .
- €350 - could contribute towards the sequencing of a tumour genome.
|"By understanding the differences in cancer cells, doctors and scientists can now begin to develop personalised approaches for patients for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of their cancer. The new era of personalised medicine is creating newer and more effective targeted medicines with less side effects which, when given to the correct patient, will lead to longer and healthier lives."
- Dr Antoinette Perry, one of the leading Irish Cancer Society funded researchers in the area of personalised medicine in prostate cancer.