Fundraise at Colour Dash
Fundraising at Colour Dash is not required, but it is encouraged. 100% of funds you raise leading up to your Colour Dash event go towards helping people with cancer!
Why fundraise for Colour Dash?
Money raised supports life-saving cancer research and provides essential services for people living with cancer and their families, including free information and support, counselling, travel to treatment and much more. And every euro matters!
98% of our funding is raised by people like you who fundraise in their community and workplace. We can’t continue to provide our services without your help!
When you register for Colour Dash, you will automatically receive a fundraising pack in the mail along with your wristband. The ways in which you can fundraise and promote your events are endless. We have outlined some quick tips below, and don’t forget to have FUN!
Download your Colour Dash fundraising guide
Fundraising is not required, but it is encouraged! 100% of funds raised at Colour Dash go towards the Irish Cancer Society's mission to fund life-saving cancer research and provide care and support for people affected by cancer all over Ireland.
Our fundraising guide provides some helpful tips and hints on how you can make your Colour Dash participation go even further in the fight against cancer by collecting funds.
Fundraise online for Colour Dash
One of the quickest and easiest ways to raise funds is to set up your own online fundraising page with JustGiving. Creating a personal fundraising webpage allows you to maximize your fundraising efforts and reach more people, including friends and families overseas - and makes things more efficient for us too!
How to set up your Colour Dash fundraising page at JustGiving
If you didn't create a fundraising page when you registered for Colour Dash you can do so online at JustGiving.com:
8 tips to get the most from your fundraising efforts
- Set a goal: Having a target to reach is a great motivator. Don’t forget to fundraise amidst all the fun!
- Ask: Ask your friends, family and colleagues for sponsorship. The more people you ask, the more money you can raise. You can ask in person, through e-mail or over the phone, but please do ask!
- Aim high: Ask for €50 and settle for €20. Gear the amount you’re requesting to your audience.
- Matching gifts: Find out if your company has a matching gift scheme. They may be able to donate €1 for every €1 you raise - a great way to boost your fundraising total!
- Give reminders: Send occasional reminders to friends who have said they will donate. Donations do come in after the event is finished. So email everyone and tell them how the event went, thank all those who sponsored you and let them know what remains to reach your target.
- Enjoy your fundraising: The positive impact that your fundraising will have on the lives of people affected by cancer makes for an unforgettable experience.
- Thank your supporters: Remember to thank everyone and tell them the difference their donation will make, no matter how small.
- Use your email signature: Include a paragraph on your event in your e-signature with a link to your online fundraising webpage.
We're here to help!
Should you require any help along the way please do not hesitate to get in touch, our fundraising team is more than happy to help!
Contact details: email@example.com or CallSave 1850 60 60 60.