Cups against cancer ideas
Let’s get your cups out this October!
- Pink tea party! – Get your friends, family together for a pink tea party and serve pink treats and pastries, maybe even some pink tea? You can find recipe ideas HERE.
- Coffee morning – Who doesn’t love coffee? Especially in work! Host a coffee morning in work and invite colleagues and staff to take part in a coffee morning, and make a small donation for all the lovely coffee and treats they will receive.
- Pink breakfast morning – Invite friends over for a healthy pink breakfast, serving some pink fruits like strawberries, raspberries, pink grapefruit and maybe some pink tea? Need some kitchen inspiration. Head HERE.
- Pink PJ party – You pick the movie, you pick the treats but pink pj’s are a must! Who doesn’t love a cosy night in with their pals?
- Cups against cancer night! – Love catching up with your girlfriends and the ladies in your family? This October, why not bring everyone together for a very special event, and raise vital funds for breast cancer at the same time!
- Wear pink – Your workplace could always be a bit more colourful and pink is the perfect colour. Ask everyone to wear pink on a specific day and to make a donation.
- Other – Come up with your own fundraising idea. You could hold a raffle, dye your hair pink, turn your community pink - the options are endless. Be as creative as you can!
Paint your community Pink!
Pink my ride – Pink cycle
Gather a group of eager cyclists and enjoy a leisurely spin all dressed in Pink! Why not pop some pink on your bike to ‘Pink your Ride.’ Enjoy some pink treats in your favourite coffee stop. Encourage participants to donate to the event in support of Paint it Pink.*Please note: Insurance will be required for your event.
Pink Walk or Run
Why not pick a nice route of 1mile to 5km and invite your friends and colleagues to join you for a pink themed walk or run. Invite participants to dress up in as much Pink as possible! You could give away a prize for a prize for the best pink themed participant!
This is perfect for a school activity pick a 1 mile route on the school grounds where all the pupils and teachers can get involved, if you make it a lapped course event the youngest participants can enjoy the event without getting to tired *Please note: insurance will be required for your event.
Pink on the golf course!
Are you a golf enthusiast? Do you enjoy being flamboyant both on and off the green with a special penchant for standing out amongst your golfing friends? Why not challenge them to a game of golf where everyone must wear something pink, the more pink the better!
For the 19th hole why not ask your club house to roll on the pink carpet and provide some pink treats for you and your team. Participants donate to the Society to participate.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Weekend
Escape to Rosscarbery for the annual GIRLS ONLY fun filled weekend! 6-8th October 2017.
This fabulous GIRLS ONLY weekend is jam-packed full of activities. You can do as much or as little as you like, from aqua aerobics to relaxing massages, cooking demos to cocktail making, beauty therapies to long walks on the nearby strands. Other activities include pilates, yoga, dancing, bingo, callanetics, treasure hunts, kayaking, crazy golf & much more!
At the glamorous banquet on the Saturday night be dressed to impress with a Champagne reception & best dressed 'Pink' ladies competition. Head Chef Alex Petit will showcase the finest of West Cork produce during the 5 course sumptuous banquet. After dinner entertainment will be provided.
Sunday morning we say farewell with a wonderful goodie bag to say 'Thank you' for supporting our weekend.
All of this for just €195pps! Banquet ticket only is available. All proceeds from the weekend go to the Irish Cancer Society. To book a ticket or for more information please contact the Celtic Ross Hotel on 023 88 48722 or www.celticrosshotel.com.