Shop Manager, Swords (Maternity Cover)
Job Title: Shop Manager
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Irish Cancer Society Shop, Swords, Co. Dublin
Contract Type: Maternity Cover, Full-Time
To manage an Irish Cancer Society shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash-security are observed at all times.
- To support and proactively manage all staff members including assistants, assistant managers and CE participants and to recruit, support and proactively manage a team of volunteers.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the general Manager Shops/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote Society services and to support major Society fundraising initiatives.
- Good telephone manner
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter including current remuneration package to: Katie Ní Dhonnacha, HR Assistant, Irish Cancer Society, 43/45 Northumberland Rd., Dublin 4. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 26th January 2018.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunities employer.