Retail Assistant - Ennis
JOB TITLE: Retail Assistant
REPORTING TO: Shop Manager
HOURS OF WORK: Part-Time, 14 hours per week
LOCATION: Irish Cancer Society Shop, Ennis
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent, Part-Time
To assist the Manager in the operation of an Irish Cancer Society shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Shop Manager in all areas of operation.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with shops operating procedures.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding cash handling and security are observed at all times.
- To provide support for and work with shop volunteer team.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Shop Manager/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote Society services and to support major Society fundraising initiatives.
- To provide cover for the Manager/Assistant Manager holidays and where possible to cover absence due to illness.
- Good telephone manner
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter including current remuneration package to: Nicola Cosgrove, HR Assistant, Irish Cancer Society, 43/45 Northumberland Rd., Dublin 4. Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is close of business, 26th June 2019.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunities employer.