Retail Assistant, Dún Laoghaire (and greater Leinster area cover)
Job Title: Retail Assistant for Immediate Start
Reporting to: Shop Manager – Dun Laoghaire
Hours of Work: Part-Time 2 days (Mon and Sat, 14 hours per week) – Flexibility required as extra days may need to be covered
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (maternity leave back fill)
Location: Based in Dun Laoghaire working Monday and Saturday, will also be required to cover other shops in greater Leinster area
To assist the Manager in the operation of an Irish Cancer Society shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation. To provide holiday/illness cover in various Society shops in Dublin.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Shop manager in all areas of operation.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with shops operating procedures.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding cash handling and security are observed at all times.
- To provide support for and work with shop volunteer team.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Shop Manager/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote Society services and to support major Society fundraising initiatives.
- To provide cover for the Manager’s holidays and where possible to cover absence due to illness.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good team player.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards.
- Flexible and willing to travel.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter including current remuneration package to: Katie Ní Dhonnacha, HR Assistant, Irish Cancer Society, 43/45 Northumberland Rd., Dublin 4 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 26th January 2017.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunities employer.