Title: Night Nursing Administrator
Reports to: Night Nursing Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Based in Dublin, with opportunities for part-time remote working. Weekend working is a requirement
* Note: There will be a mix of office and remote based working for this role over the coming months as we return to more regular working arrangements following temporary arrangements that were in place due to Covid 19 restrictions
Who we are
At the Irish Cancer Society, we have a vision that by 2025, 3 out of 4 Irish cancer patients will survive their diagnosis and everyone affected by the disease will have access to world-class treatment, care and support.
We’re looking for a Night Nursing Administrator to join our team. As Night Nursing Administrator, you will be part of a dynamic team working to ensure the best possible outcome for patients referred to the service.
If you are passionate about patient care, have an empathic personality and want to take your career to the next level with opportunities for development and learning, this role is for you.
Join us to change the lives of people affected by cancer in Ireland.
What you’ll do
The Night Nursing Administrator will be a core member of the Night Nursing team and have key responsibility for planning and allocating nurses to cancer and non-cancer patients.
You will work to ensure all booking requests are fulfilled in a prompt, timely and efficient manner.
Working as a team player and communicating in an effective manner with colleagues and external stakeholders will be an essential component of the role.
- Process the night nursing bookings in a timely and efficient manner, recording all details accurately in Microsoft Dynamics Database (MD)
- Communicate and confirm nurse allocation with the Community Specialist Palliative Care Team (CSPCT)
- Monitor and track all bookings to ensure all requirements are met, such as the correct approval, correct number of nights allocated
Finance and Reports
- Generate bi-weekly reports which identifies missing patient information and update details on MD accordingly
- Process Night Nurse’s timesheets from Microsoft Forms and enter details into MD
- Generate other reports as required
Teamwork and Communication
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Night Nursing Programme Officer/Night Nursing Manager in relation to the status of bookings
- Liaise with Night Nurses on their availability and in relation to any support they require
- Assist in training in new members of the team as required.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, and ensure rigorous compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the Society at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Who you are
- Possess strong empathy and compassion
- Ability to input data quickly and accurately
- Ability to quickly learn to navigate new systems
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter who is able to take own initiative
- Ability to work in a busy environment while maintaining a high quality standard of work
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Possess the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality at all times
Your qualifications and experience
- Previous administrative and/or data entry experience in any sector desirable. The Irish Cancer Society measures experience by the quality of the experience gained, rather than number of years worked.
- Experience working in a similar role an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience working with CRM systems or customer/ supporter databases desirable .
- Strong IT skills, including Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter to Nicola Cosgrove, HR Department Administrator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 28th November, 2021.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
WE DO NOT REQUIRE THE ASSISTANCE OF AGENCIES