IT Support Team Lead
Title: IT Support Team Lead
Reports to: Head of Technology
Direct Reports: System Administrator Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Hybrid with remote and in-person (from our Dublin office) working
Hours: Full Time (35 hours/week) Some evening or weekend work may be required
Who we are
At the Irish Cancer Society, we have a vision that by 2025, 3 out of 4 Irish cancer patients will survive their diagnosis and everyone affected by the disease will have access to world-class treatment, care and support.
Whether you’re looking for the next step in your career, or want to apply your experience to a more fulfilling and flexible role, this is a great opportunity to be part of an organisation making a real impact on the lives of people affected by cancer.
If you are passionate about delivering a seamless IT support service; have strong communication and leadership skills; and you’re ready for a rewarding role, we want to hear from you! Join us to change the lives of people affected by cancer in Ireland.
What you’ll do
The IT Team Lead will be responsible for managing a team of support specialists, with a focus on providing technical support for desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and mobile devices in a Microsoft 365 environment. This position will work closely with the Head of Technology to ensure that the organization's Microsoft 365 environment is running smoothly and that end-users are receiving timely and effective support.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
Supervision and leadership
- Manage and lead a team of support specialists responsible for providing technical support for desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and mobile devices in a Microsoft 365 environment.
- Manage the team's workload and helpdesk tickets to ensure that support requests are responded to in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members, helping to develop their skills and ensure that they are delivering high-quality support.
Helpdesk and support
- Supporting, maintaining & troubleshooting devices (PCs, Laptops, Printers, etc) including 20+ stores and remote workers throughout Ireland.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Microsoft 365 applications, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Exchange Online.
- Install and configure software and hardware on desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and stakeholders to ensure that desktop support aligns with the organization's overall IT strategy and business goals.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Microsoft 365 technologies and related tools, and stay up-to-date with new features and capabilities.
- Ensure that support documentation and knowledge base articles are accurate and up-to-date, and work to improve the overall support experience for end-users.
- Manage the inventory of desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and mobile devices, ensuring that assets are properly tracked and maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- A great communicator: you are able to communicate effectively across multiple channels (face-to-face, written, digital) and adapt your style to meet the teams where they are.
- A superb leader: you are able to positively lead people and motivate them to meet their goals, delegating and supporting when needed. You know the value of the people who work for you.
- A problem solver: you have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issue
- A people person: you have a strong customer service orientation, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Adaptable and organised: you have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and experience
- 2+ years managing support specialists of a multisite organisation
- 3+ years working in IT
- Solid understanding of ITIL, and experience with implementing ITIL-based processes for incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation is a plus.
- Microsoft certifications, such as MS-100, MS-101, or MS-500, are a bonus.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send curriculum vitae and cover letter by email to Amanda Walsh, Recruitment Administrator at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 02 April 2023.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
WE DO NOT REQUIRE THE ASSISTANCE OF AGENCIES