Fundraising Campaign Intern/Daffodil Day
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Fundraising Campaign Intern/Daffodil Day x 3
REPORTS TO: Supporter Services Officer
LOCATION: Based in Dublin
Requirement: 2-5 Days per week
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in Daffodil Day 2018, for its 31st year! We are looking for interns who can provide a minimum two month commitment to ensure successful delivery of the campaign while gaining valuable work experience.
Daffodil Day, Irelands largest fundraising campaign, encompasses a host of different events, including nationwide coffee mornings, community events and traditional volunteers on streets providing the public with our Daffodil merchandise. The day helps raise millions of euro to support for the Society’s free, nationwide services for those with, and affected by, cancer in Ireland. Daffodil Day 2018 is on March 23rd.
- Ensuring Daffodil Day supporter requests are input to our database in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Contacting our supporters proactively to recruit them for the campaign
- Co-ordination of city centre street sales volunteers
- Assisting with special projects as required or self-determined to enhance the Society’s fundraising capacity and/or programmatic objectives.
- Delivering the highest standard of customer service to supporters through effective handling of telephone and email queries/requests.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Previous database experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent people skills, display empathy and sensitivity as appropriate
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- The successful candidate will gain an insight into how a major fundraising campaign works. He/she will also receive invaluable experience working with our supporters and fundraising teams while further enhancing their CV.
Full training will be provided.
If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and CV to Katie Ní Dhonnacha, HR Assistant, email@example.com.
Please note this is an intern/volunteering role and as such will be unpaid.