Daffodil Day 2020 Intern (Unpaid)
TITLE: Daffodil Day Intern
REPORTS TO: Community Fundraising
LOCATION: Based in Dublin
Requirement: 2 roles: 4-5 Days per week or 3 days per week from Jan to Mar 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in Daffodil Day 2019, for its 32nd year! We are looking for an intern who can provide a minimum three month commitment to ensure successful delivery of our Daffodil Day street sales campaign in 2019.
Daffodil Day, Irelands largest fundraising campaign, encompasses a host of different events, and we are looking for someone to assist in the management of our Daffodil Day volunteers. Each year thousands of supporters come together to sell Daffodils on the streets across Ireland and fight cancer. The day helps raise millions of euro to support for the Society’s free, nationwide services for those with, and affected by, cancer in Ireland. Daffodil Day 2020 is on March 27th
- Liaising with Daffodil Day supporters volunteering their time on Daffodil Day
- Contacting our supporters proactively to recruit them for the campaign
- Ensuring the key areas across Ireland are covered on the day
- Assisting with special projects as required or self-determined to enhance the Society’s fundraising capacity and/or programmatic objectives.
- Delivering the highest standard of customer service to supporters through effective handling of telephone and email queries/requests.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent telephone manner
- Previous database experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent people skills, display empathy and sensitivity as appropriate
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- The successful candidate will gain an insight into how a major fundraising campaign works. He/she will also receive invaluable experience working with our supporters and fundraising teams while further enhancing their CV.
Full training will be provided.
If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and CV by 16th December 2019 to Nicola Cosgrove, Irish Cancer Society, 43/45 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4 or by emailing email@example.com.
Please note this is an intern/volunteering role and as such will be unpaid.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.