Assistant Shop Manager – (Part time)
Part-time (14 hours per week, 2 days)
(Some flexibility required to cover sick/holiday leave)
Irish Cancer Society Shop - Limerick, Upper William Street
€26,279 PTE (Full Time Equivalent) Pro rata for part time working
Who we are:
At the Irish Cancer Society, we have a vision that by 2025, 3 out of 4 Irish cancer patients will survive their diagnosis and everyone affected by the disease will have access to world-class treatment, care and support.
We are a community of survivors, families, patients, friends, nurses, doctors, scientists, professionals, supporters and volunteers.
We are looking for an experienced assistant shop manager to join our team.
Our shops are open Monday to Saturdays with no late evenings and closed on Public Holidays and over the Christmas break. We offer a pension and benefits package including paid sick and family leave amongst other benefits.
What you’ll do:
Assist the Manager in the operation of an Irish Cancer Society shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the shop manager in all areas of operation.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash-security are observed at all times.
- To support and proactively manage all staff members including, the Manager, Sales Assistants, and CE participants and to recruit, support and proactively manage a team of volunteers.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Shop Manager/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote Society services and to support major Society fundraising initiatives.
- To provide cover for the Managers holidays and where possible to cover absence due to illness.
Who you are:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, good team player
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and CV by email to Amanda Walsh, Recruitment Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 26th January 2023
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time