Job Title: Assistant Shop Manager
Reporting to: Shop Manager
Hours of work: 28 hours (4 days)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Irish Cancer Society Shop, Bray
To assist the Manager in the management of an ICS shop, in a manner, which reflects high street retail standards and maintains the professionalism and profile of the Society in all areas of operation.
- To support the Shop manager in all areas of operation.
- To maintain operational standards that are consistent with or exceed industry norms.
- To ensure that any interaction with customers is carried out in a manner that is courteous and professional.
- To maintain accurate records of all sales and payments and to ensure that agreed procedures regarding banking and cash-security are observed at all times.
- To support and proactively manage all staff members including, the Manager, Sales Assistants, and CE participants and to recruit, support and proactively manage a team of volunteers.
- To maintain a safe environment for customers, volunteers and staff and where appropriate to immediately report to the Shop Manager/Area Manager any hazard that puts the safety of customers, volunteers or staff at risk.
- To ensure that agreed stock management procedures are observed and that merchandising and window display opportunities are maximised at all times.
- To act as a contact point for existing and potential service users, to promote ICS services and to support major ICS fundraising initiatives.
- To provide cover for the Managers holidays and where possible to cover absence due to illness.
- Good telephone manner
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Can motivate self and colleagues and inspire the highest standards
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this role please send a cover letter and CV (including salary expectation) to Nicola Cosgrove, HR Department Administrator @ email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 25th June 2021.
The Irish Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time