On this page:
Calling all youth organisations - take action on tobacco now!
Our 2020 training and funding opportunities are now open for applications and we want youth organisations across Ireland to get involved and drive the movement towards establishing Ireland’s first smoke free generation.
- The Irish Cancer Society X-HALE 2020 Youth Worker Training and Short Film Competition grant opportunities are now open for applications!
- We are now taking bookings for our free X-HALE 2020 Training for Youth Workers and Volunteers.
- Applications for funding are now open for The X-HALE 2020 Short Film Competition.
Would your youth organisation, project, club, service or Youthreach centre be interested in tackling issues around young people and tobacco?
The X-HALE Short Film Competition is an exciting opportunity for youth groups to spread the word about the impact of smoking by creating a youth-led short-film. Since 2011, the Irish Cancer Society has provided grant assistance, training and resources to over 327 youth organisations nationwide to support their participation in X-HALE.
X-HALE was awarded overall winner of the EU Health Awards 2018 by the European Commission for the innovative social dimension of the programme and the peer-to-peer approach to working with young people at risk of tobacco use.
- Before submitting your grant application, please read the X-HALE 2020 Short Film Competition Information to find out what's involved and learn about what's new for 2020!
- For any queries please contact Úna Delahunt by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (01)2316624
If you’re part of a youth organisation, project, club, services or centre working with young people aged 10-24, we want to hear from you! To apply please complete the grant application form. The closing date for grant applications is Thursday, 5 March 2020. Don’t miss this chance to call action on stamping out smoking and join the #TheXGeneration!
Spread the word and get social
- Download the X-HALE 2020 Short Film Competition Poster to put up in your youth organisation, service or centre and share on your Facebook page.
- Like X-HALE on Facebook to keep up to date with the competition.
For more information
(01) 231 6624