The signs of cancer
The sooner a cancer is detected the better your chances of survival. Get to know the signs and symptoms to look out for.
It's important to know your body and what is normal for you. Then you can spot any changes that could be a sign of cancer. The main changes to look out for are:
- A lump or a sore that does not heal
- A mole that changes in shape, size or colour or bleeds in unusual circumstances
- Ongoing cough or hoarseness that last longer than three weeks
- Change in bowel or bladder habit
- Unexplained weight loss or tiredeness
Many of these symptoms can also be due to complaints other than cancer, but regardless, if you have any of these signs and symptoms talk to your doctor without delay.
Learn more about the signs for the following cancers: